Monday, December 30, 2013

Carrying Water

Our water is intermittent, to say the least, and the Bastos Elder's water is even worse.  We are all pretty used to bucket showers.  As we drove around Saturday morning to deliver Soutien to our Elders, this is the sight you see.  Most Africans carry water every morning from a nearby well.  I can't complain.  We, at least, have a couple of garbage cans full of reserve water.  We don't have to go out and carry it in each day.  I will never take running water out of a faucet for granted again.

We see all the children in the family carry the water.  I didn't get very good pictures.


I added this picture, because we see many chickens for sale around the holidays.  They tell us that everyone buys a chicken for Christmas.  It is a special treat.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about the missionaries! I am the Aunt of Elder Naughton, it is so good to see his face and to see the good work he is doing! I love missionaries!!
    Karen Cole

    ReplyDelete